J-1 Student and Exchange Visitor Program » What are the eligibility requirements for the Intern Program?
What are the eligibility requirements for the Intern Program?
- Accepted into a full-time American Internship program with a completed Training and Internship Placement Program (T/IPP) form (part of DS 7002 form); the applicant connects AAA to her/his Internship coordinator who discusses the program with AAA. The Intern Program requires Form DS 7002, with details of Internship plans, preferably divided into multiples phases depending on the length of the internship.
- An Australian or New Zealand citizen;
- Aged 18 years or older;
- A full time, class room based undergraduate student enrolled at an Australian university or TAFE college (minimum Diploma level course of 2 years duration) and have successfully completed the first year of study; or continuing postgraduate student completing higher studies immediately following undergraduate study; or
- Have graduated from a course specified above within the past 12 months;
- Purchased approved Medical Insurance for 12 months (details below)
- Demonstrate sufficient financial resources to support yourself.