The American Australian Association fosters a rewarding workplace with exciting career development opportunities. We value diversity, innovative thinking and teamwork in shaping the culture and vision of the Association.
Communications & Events Manager (Full Time – New York)
COMMUNICATIONS & EVENTS MANAGER
(Full Time – New York)
Prestigious non-profit organization with new headquarters in NYC offers outstanding employment opportunity for an Events & Communications professional. Position reports to Chief Operating Officer and requires the ability to work in a collaborative, small team environment.
Employment is offered with a starting annual salary of US$65,000-$75,000 (depending on experience), 15 days annual leave, health insurance, transit subsidy, life insurance and eligibility for annual bonus.
This is an on-site position with some flexibility for remote work. Located in Midtown Manhattan, the American Australian Association’s new headquarters has sweeping city views, is close to Grand Central station and includes flexible workstations and event spaces. This position will work across multiple work streams and be involved in the dynamic program of events at various levels.
- Lead the development and management of Association and G’Day USA social media strategy, online presence and branding;
- Increase online engagement, grow following and help disseminate content to key audiences and stakeholders;
- Design and produce communication materials including event marketing materials, invitations, emails, articles, publications, graphics & videos;
- Updating and maintaining content for website;
- Create strategic content campaigns that will strengthen the Association brand and further the American-Australian relationship.
- Coordinate event logistics and assist implementing the annual calendar of events specifically keystone events such as Annual Benefit Dinner, Arts Gala & ANZAC Day;
- Brainstorming & implementing event plans and concepts;
- Secure and manage event vendors and negotiate contracts;
- Manage invitations, RSVPS and communications with event guests and partners;
- Develop financial budgets for general events, ensuring all such events are profit generating and contribute to overhead costs of the Association;
- Help to identify and secure sponsors for events.
Because this is a small office with a very active program of business, government, educational and cultural events, staff will be expected to assist where necessary with all these activities. This position will require some after-hours work.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO HAS:
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of small team with a cooperative and collaborative work style;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively and create harmonious relationships with a diverse population of constituents;
- Can demonstrate initiative and be a self-starter, with the ability to stay on task and work productively with a minimal amount of supervision;
- Some event /administrative experience including creating budgets, timelines, event production details, negotiating costs etc. would be an advantage;
- Flexibility and willingness to take on additional tasks and assist where necessary with all program activities;
- Strong computer literacy and experience using Outlook; Microsoft Office, in particular Excel, Word and PowerPoint; Zoom; Canva; MailChimp; and WordPress. Experience with InDesign, Photoshop and/or Illustrator is beneficial.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are excited about this opportunity and believe you are a great fit for our team, please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your qualifications as they relate to the position and why you want to join the American Australian Association. Applications will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Applicants are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible to [email protected].
E3 friendly for eligible candidates.
We exist to benefit all Americans and Australians. Whatever your background, we pride ourselves on being actively fair, equitable and inclusive to our diverse network and encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
The American Australian Association is the largest privately funded non-profit organization dedicated to broadening, strengthening and developing ties across the Pacific. For 75 years, our programs have connected our two cultures, guided our people and provided new opportunities for a diverse network of trail blazers. The Association’s scholarships & exchanges champion progress, creativity and expression, providing opportunities to young American and Australian leaders to undertake transformational study, research and professional or artistic development in each other’s country. To date, we have awarded more than US$16million to over 1000 graduates, veterans and artists.
The American Australian Association has achieved the Platinum Seal of Transparency Rating on GuideStar, the world’s largest source of information on non-profit organizations. This rating puts the Organization in the top 0.1% of charities nationally in terms of transparency.