The American Australian Association fosters a rewarding workplace with exciting career development opportunities. We value diversity, innovative thinking and teamwork in shaping the culture and vision of the Association.
Director of Finance (Full Time – New York)
Director of Finance
(Full time – New York)
Prestigious non-profit organization with headquarters in NYC offers outstanding employment opportunity for a finance & accounts professional. Position reports to President and Director of Operations and requires the ability to work in a collaborative, small team environment.
Employment is offered with an annual salary of US$90,000-$120,000 (depending on experience), 15 days annual leave, health insurance, transit, life insurance and eligible for annual bonus.
This is an on-site position with some flexibility for remote work. Located in Midtown Manhattan, the American Australian Association’s new headquarters has sweeping city views, is close to Grand Central station and includes flexible workstations, making for a great team environment.
- Manage all aspects of the finance function. Including but not limited to the administration of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivables, Bank Reconciliations, GL Maintenance, Month End Close, Month End Reporting, Income, Audit, and Payroll.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP and other applicable regulations for financial and tax reporting.
- Oversee the end of year Audit with external audit partners.
- Provide timely and accurate financial reporting to the Management Team and Board of Directors
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to continually identify and implement internal process improvements.
- Design and implement best practice financial operating procedures and internal controls.
- Review and implement financial and accounting/tax controls, cash management, financial planning, systems implementation, and cost analysis
- Engage and collaborate with the Board of Directors & Leadership
- Design and implement reporting and analysis to provide insightful information to the Board of Directors and Senior management.
- Provide financial guidance and input as required
- Develop and implement financial strategies & annual budget
- Monitor weekly, monthly, and yearly expenditures, oversee annual insurance payments, monitor cash flow, evaluate investments, and manage tax compliance.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO HAS:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting or a CPA
- 5+ years experience in accounts
- Excellent knowledge of financial accounting and accounting standards.
- Knowledge of and experience using Quickbooks
- Excellent computer literacy – particularly use of Excel, creating and using spreadsheets
- Experience working with 501(c)(3) not-for-profits is beneficial
Please send your Resume, along with a cover letter outlining your skills and experience as they relate to the position to [email protected].
We exist to benefit all Americans and Australians. Whatever your background, we pride ourselves on being actively fair, equitable and inclusive to our diverse network and encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
Applications that are not accompanied by a cover letter will not be considered.
The American Australian Association is the largest privately funded non-profit organization dedicated to broadening, strengthening and developing ties across the Pacific. For 75 years, our programs have connected our two cultures, guided our people and provided new opportunities for a diverse network of trail blazers. The Association’s scholarships & exchanges champion progress, creativity and expression, providing opportunities to young American and Australian leaders to undertake transformational study, research and professional or artistic development in each other’s country. To date, we have awarded more than US$15million to over 1000 graduates, veterans and artists.
The American Australian Association has achieved the Platinum Seal of Transparency Rating on GuideStar, the world’s largest source of information on non-profit organizations. This rating puts the Organization in the top 0.1% of charities nationally in terms of transparency.