The American Australian Association fosters a rewarding workplace with exciting career development opportunities. We value diversity, innovative thinking and teamwork in shaping the culture and vision of the Association.
Director of Finance (Full Time – New York)
Director of Finance
(Full time – New York)
Prestigious non-profit organization with headquarters in NYC offers outstanding employment opportunity for a finance & accounts professional. Position reports to President and Director of Operations and requires the ability to work in a collaborative, small team environment.
Employment is offered with an annual salary of US$90,000-$120,000 (depending on experience), 15 days annual leave, health insurance, transit, life insurance and eligible for annual bonus.
We are currently operating under a hybrid workplace model. In office and work from home is required.
- Provide timely and accurate financial reporting to the Management Team and Board of Directors
- Maintain internal controls and ensure compliance with GAAP and other applicable regulations for financial and tax reporting.
- Perform all payments and reconciliations across multiple locations.
- Review and implement financial and accounting/tax controls, cash management, financial planning, systems implementation, and cost analysis.
- Manage all aspects across accounting team and administer all aspects of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivables, Income, Audit, and Payroll.
- Oversee internal controls and help set financial targets
- Engage and collaborate with the Board of Directors
- Develop financial strategies
- Monitor weekly, monthly and yearly expenditures, oversee annual insurance payments, monitor cash flow, evaluate investments, and manage tax compliance.
- Manage accounting operations, accounting close, account reporting, and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Maintain Chart of Accounts and GL in QuickBooks
We are looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting or a CPA
- 5+ years experience in accounts
- Excellent knowledge of financial accounting and accounting standards.
- Knowledge of and experience using Quickbooks
- Excellent computer literacy – particularly use of Excel, creating and using spreadsheets
- Experience working with 501(c)(3) not-for-profits is beneficial
Applications Close: 6:00 PM on Friday, September 9, 2022. Please send your Resume, along with a cover letter outlining your skills and experience as they relate to the position to firstname.lastname@example.org
We exist to benefit all Americans and Australians. Whatever your background, we pride ourselves on being actively fair, equitable and inclusive to our diverse network and encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
Applications that are not accompanied by a cover letter will not be considered.
The American Australian Association is the largest privately funded non-profit organization dedicated to broadening, strengthening and developing ties across the Pacific. For over 70 years, our programs have connected our two cultures, guided our people and provided new opportunities for a diverse network of trail blazers. The Association’s scholarships & exchanges champion progress, creativity and expression, providing opportunities to young American and Australian leaders to undertake transformational study, research and professional or artistic development in each other’s country. To date, we have awarded more than US$14million to over 900 graduates, veterans and artists.
The American Australian Association has achieved the Platinum Seal of Transparency Rating on GuideStar, the world’s largest source of information on non-profit organizations. This rating puts the Organization in the top 0.1% of charities nationally in terms of transparency.