(Full Time – New York)
Prestigious non-profit organization with headquarters in NYC offers outstanding ENTRY LEVEL employment opportunity for US CITIZEN or PERMANENT RESIDENT. Position supports the President and works closely with the senior management team to fulfil the mission of the American Australian Association. The position requires some after-hours work and offers potential to grow.
POSITION TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Providing high level executive and scheduling support to the President;
- Assisting to coordinate event logistics for annual Benefit Dinner, ANZAC Day & Veterans’ Lunch, Arts Awards Dinner, CEO Summit and annual program of events;
- Assisting to update and maintain content for the web platform and social media;
- Assisting to design and produce Association communication materials e.g. event e-marketing materials, e-newsletter;
- Assisting with J-1 Exchange Visitor program administration;
- Assisting to prepare materials for Association Committees and meetings; and
- Other duties as assigned by the President and senior management team.
Because this is a small office with a very active program of fundraising and events, the successful incumbent will be expected to show initiative and assist where necessary, with all activities, including supporting the President and senior management to implement Business, Education, Veterans and Arts programs that align with our Strategic Plan.
- American citizen or permanent resident. Visa sponsorship / support will not be provided.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, communications, development or events management;
- Demonstrate initiative and be a self-starter, with the ability to stay on task and work productively with a minimal amount of supervision;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to complete assignments in a timely manner, balancing the demands of concurrent and potentially competing projects;
- Exercise sound judgement and the ability to think through problems, organize and seek out information and generate solutions;
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a small team & have a collaborative work ethic;
- Flexibility and willingness to take on additional tasks and assist where necessary with all program activities
- Strong computer literacy and skills including with Outlook Email; Microsoft Office, in particular Excel, Word and PowerPoint; and
- Some afterhours work is required.
Applications must be submitted by Sunday, 29 September 2019. Please send your CV, along with a detailed cover letter outlining your skills and experience as they relate to the job position and requirements outlined – to [email protected].
PLEASE NOTE: CV’s that are not accompanied by a detailed covering letter, or which are received after the deadline will not be considered.