What is the first step in the application process?

As with all Exchange Visitor visas, you must obtain sponsorship from an exchange visitor program sponsor approved by the US Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs.

The US Department of State authorized the American Australian Association as an Exchange Visitor Program sponsor in October of 2002. This permits our organization to issue a “Certificate of Eligibility” (Form DS-2019) to eligible applicants, allowing them to temporarily work or attend their internship in the United States under a J-1 Visa.