What is the minimum level of medical insurance coverage needed?
Medical insurance coverage must include, at a minimum:
- medical benefits of at least US $100,000 per accident or illness;
- repatriation of remains amount of US $25,000;
- expenses associated with medical evacuation from the US in the amount of US $50,000; and
- a deductible not to exceed US $500 per accident or illness.
Medical insurance policies meeting the benefit requirements must be underwritten by an insurance corporation which has the following features:
- M. best rating of “A-” or above;
- Insurance Solvency International Ltd. (ISI) rating of “A-1” or above;
- Standard and Poor’s Claims Paying Ability rating of “A-” or above;
- Weiss Research Inc. rating of “B+” or above.