- Merit based academic programs;
- A selection-based internship with supporting documentation from the producing organization;
- A selection-based artist residency;
- A merit-based masterclass or workshop;
- Mentorship by an industry recognized professional of high standing;
- Master Practitioners providing Master classes and/or workshops to academic institutions, artistic organizations and/or groups of artists may also apply;
No, if you are both an American and Australian Citizen or Permanent resident, you are not eligible to apply.
Under no circumstances will the American Australian Association fund an individual who was previously given a scholarship or grant.
Travel, living expenses, tuition and any other associated costs involved with the artistic development in the country of the other.
No. It is the responsibility of the applicant to obtain the necessary immigration visa and to abide by the visa conditions set. In most cases, the applicant's home university or their destination university will assist with these arrangements.
Applicants will be contacted throughout the review process if their application is unsuccessful at any point during the two step review process. The AAA will notify the successful applicants around 8 – 9 weeks after the application closing date via email. Please note, the Christmas and New Year holiday period may affect this estimated time frame.
Completed applications will be confirmed within 24-hours via an automated message.
All applicants are required to complete an online application form. You will be required to set-up a site account. Within your account you can save, leave and go back to your application at any time before submitting by the due date. You will be required to upload supporting documents to this online form. We encourage applicants to download their application as they go, in case of any unanticipated technical difficulties.
The AAA hosts two application rounds each year for the Arts Fund Scholarships and Grants.
- Arts Fund Round 1(USA to AUS and AUS to USA), AusArt Scholarship & AAA Indigenous Arts Scholarship: Open January 1 to March 30 each year (subject to change, please check the scholarship page for more details)
- Arts Fund Round 2(USA to AUS and AUS to USA): August 1 to September 30 each year (subject to change, please check the scholarship page for more details)
- Other partnering scholarships such as the AAA-AISF & AAA-AUSFF Scholarships: Please see external partnering websites as application dates may change.
Scholars are required to commence their research / study program within 1 year of receiving the Scholarship Notification Letter of Offer from the American Australian Association.
Yes, that is no problem however please disclose this information in your application.
Not unless specified – applications for the Arts Scholarships will be assessed for timing and requested amount of funds when they apply.
No. Applicants must make their own arrangements for university affiliation and have a confirmed placement at the time of application.